To: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com>
Subject: decision on parents’ reps?
Dear Mike Nicholls and Governing Body
7th May 2014
Dear HPS Campaign,
Thank you for your email of Thursday 1st May to Mike Nicholls (below). I am forwarding on a response on his behalf:
The assemblies for students will be neutral and are being run by the students themselves. We don’t believe that it’s appropriate for members of staff to present their own political views, so we have asked our student governors to research and present:
– what an academy is
– what the difference is between forced academy conversions and converter academies
– what some people see as the benefits of becoming an academy
– what some people see as the drawbacks of becoming an academy
– who the governing body are and why they make decisions like these
– how students can join in the consultation
I hope that you agree that this is a balanced and fair way to present the information to students. It would not be appropriate to have representatives of any external group, pro or anti academy, talking to the students about their views. We will, however, give students the name of your group should they wish to conduct their own research.